Adirondacon aims to provide a positive and harassment-free environment for all convention attendees as well as volunteers. We will not tolerate harassment in any form, including images, language, or behavior that disrespects anyone. We expect all attendees and volunteers to behave appropriately at all Adirondacon and ADK Tabletop Day event venues and related social events.
Harassment is generally any behavior that alarms, threatens, or excessively annoys another person or group. Some examples of harassment include, but are not limited to:
- offensive verbal comments (related to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, national origin, citizenship, religion, etc.)
- sexual images in public spaces
- deliberate intimidation
- unwelcome or non-consensual photography or recording
- sustained disruption of panels, talks, or other events
- hate symbols
- bathroom policing
- inappropriate physical contact
- physical assault and/or battery
- unwelcome physical attention
- false accusations of harassment
Attendees asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a person displays any harassing behavior at Adirondacon, Staff will take prompt action in any form deemed appropriate, including expulsion from Adirondacon with no refund given.
This policy applies to everyone at the convention, including all attendees, vendors, game developers, press, staff, and volunteers, etc.
Anyone can report harassment. If anyone’s behavior has made you uncomfortable or if you witness the same thing happening to someone else, you should immediately find an Adirondacon staff member or go to the Registration Table. If necessary, we will contact local law enforcement, provide escort, offer a safe place, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to make sure they feel safe for the rest of the Adirondacon gaming event.